If you’ve read this blog for any length of time, you know that I do government relations for an association, have my CAE, and a DELP scholar. However, I think it’s time to open up about the other aspects of this association advocacy chick. So here are some fun facts about yours truly.
1. I’m a middle child. I have an older sister and younger brother.
2. I learned how to drive at 21 and got my license the day after I graduated from GW.
3. To say I love to dance is a major understatement. I literally dance everyday.
4. My family used to own a motor home we used for family vacations in the summer. We got rid of it when I got my first car.
5. I’m a native Washingtonian. Yes, we do exist.
6. My life has a diverse soundtrack from Stevie Wonder to Green Day and everything in between. Music is a part of me as if it was another hand or extra foot.
7. I never had a grandmother growing up. Both my paternal and maternal grandmothers passed before I was born.
8. The spelling of my first name comes from the actress Stefanie Powers.
9. My Dad calls me Stevie and is the only person allowed to do so.
10. I love to travel. My favorite cities include Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago and New Orleans.
11. I was painfully shy growing up and was bullied because of it. It makes me appreciate the work my association does on anti-bullying efforts that much more.
Want to learn more? Follow me on Twitter, @sjreeves